Saturday, October 4, 2008

See this movie!

Hey Guys,

Ok, ok... So it's been awhile since I've checked in with you all - but sometimes the necessities of life come a calling and well, that is just my excuse! So here's the deal; tonight, husband and I, along with most of our "home group" of church friends decided to do a date night of sorts - kid free. After scarfing down Costa Vida's amazing sweet pork salad, husband and I and everyone else with their full tummies headed over to the Majestic to see the movie "Fire Proof."

I would love to tell you that the only reason I went was because Kirk Cameron from "Growing Pains" was starring in it, and I still had a crush from 6th grade on that guy - but I would probably only be telling you 90% truth there :D We all decided to go because we heard it was a compelling movie dealing with marriage. And from what I have learned in all of my almost 7 years of marriage, is that you can never get too much good advice, or wise counsel to make your marriage better. But even more than that, marriage is a huge commitment between oftentimes 2 very different people - which struggle to make the time necessary to invest what they should to make a marriage successful.

I'm not going to say that this movie competes with the "big time" movies out there with unlimited budgets to spend on outrageous cinematogrophy, but I will say that this movie was compelling to both husband and I and our group of friends in that it spoke truth in ways we don't see or hear anymore in society. And, to see a packed house was also very cool. I think my 9$ movie ticket (gulp!) was very well spent tonight in that I invested that much more in my marriage.

So - all that to say - I am challenging you to go see this movie. Invest a little in your spouse, your loved one, yourself... And in a way, you are standing up for better movies with good messages in the years to come by showing your support for a good flick!

That's all for tonight ya'll, I've got to mentally prepare for my 13.1 mile race in the morning (yikes!). More soon...

Now these three remain:
faith, hope, and love.
But the greatest of these is love
1 Corinthians 13:13



0 comments: