Sunday, October 12, 2008

Star gazing & midnight rude-awakenings

The infamous "glowstick"

Well,
The other night when we celebrated my hubby's 34th birthday - the boys ended up with some pretty sweet gifts from Grandma laurie and Papa. They are these crazy little light sticks that have brought endless hours of enjoyment and even mass hysteria when one is lost and we have to learn to "share" all over again :D (I'm talking about the kids! Of course husband and I share things no problem...)

Anyways, another thing the boys have been wanting to do more lately is star & moon gazing. Whenever we've been out for the night and we get home after it gets dark we always have to go out and find the moon and the stars. On the night of husband's birthday, the guys thought it would be so much fun to test out their new glow sticks AND look for the moon/stars at the same time!! Needless to say, we agreed, but only after bundling up with like 7 layer of clothing/hats, extra socks, etc because we've all but lost our warm summer nights.

On another note, our Big Boy has started a weird new phase of toddlerhood that has driven husband and I bonkers the last week or so. First off, he screams bloody-murder when we put him to bed, saying things like "you forgot to take my toothbrush" or "leave the light on in the hall" or "I need a band aid"...So, once he's finally worn out all possibilities of going to bed - and falls asleep, we are then startled awake by the noisy clanging coming from the living room, anytime between the hours of 3 -6 am. This morning was quite classic, in that he decided to come downstairs around 6-ish, husband and I are in a zombie-like trance from many nights of inconsistent sleep.

So, I was taking the "preventative watch" of checking on our Big Boy every so often to make sure he was staying out of trouble while we tried to catch a few more winks... Well, as I walked out into the living room, one eye open the other glued shut I scanned the room for our little morning glory. It wasn't until the flashing of a shiny object channeled my direction to my youngster, and as I walked closer to my proud little guy, I had found what he had gotten himself into... The day before our children's paster had given both boys a sheet of shiny, metallic stickers. I was hoping to use these as incentive for Big Boy's potty chart, but he had another plan in mind all together! He had emptied the sheet of about 25 stickers, and had what looked like a protective coat of armor on his entire right arm :D Let's just say he wasn't having as much of a good time when we had to peel them off of his tender, baby soft skin :D

Our star gazing boys
what we see a lot more of these days...Peanut trying to fight back!
Chillin with my birthday boy and all our layers of warmth!
Our sticker arm model - such a lovely pose don't you think? He did the hand holding thing all by himself! We're thinking of entering him into some contests....

2 comments:

hoganset said...

awesome! So this is what we have to look forward to, huh? Or is this soley a "kinney" tradition of getting up at all hours of the night?! Beautiful boys...beautiful parents! Again, happy b-day, bro!
Love you all,
Korri

hoganset said...

So THIS is what we have to look forward to, eh?! Or is this soley a "kinney" tradition? :)
Love you guys,
Korri