Monday, June 2, 2008

Back from paradise!

Hey All,

Well, we're officially back from vacation! We had a great time relaxing in the sun, swimming with the boys (yes they both swim now!) and hanging out with my fam. The boys did awesome on the plane ride there and back - praise the Lord!! I can't tell you how stressed I was on not knowing what our travel days were going to be like with those two unpredictable guys :) Well, on to what I know you're most interested in...The pictures! Hope you all are enjoying your summer!

Our two rascals at the train station at one of the plantations there in Kauai.
husband, peanut, & big mak chillin on the beach
A picture of our favorite little "cove" on Poi Pu beach - it was perfect for the kids because of how shallow it was.
The boys playing at the cove
Our little "suderman" as Big boy would say...And because of this cute little swim outfit that had floatation devices inside, our little Big boy was definitely swimming on his own by the end of the trip! I got so choked up watching him, because he is still my little baby boy-but growing up so fast!
A glimpse at one of the nearby beaches...
The perfect cozy spot for falling asleep in the sun...
And as most of you know, no vacation had by the Kinneys would be complete without a food posting. This is a pic of a "puka dog" one of the islands specialties... It may not look like much to you, but to those who've had the opportunity to sink their teeth into one of these tasty treats, they know how yummy they are! Definition of a "puka dog": aka-hot dog yummy goodness; a long juicy hotdog placed in a hawaiian sweet bread bun filled with your choice of condiment like; coconut sauce, mango sauce, pineapple sauce, hawaiian hot mustard, ect.... I think I could go back for one of those any day of the week!

I will try to post some family pictures once I get some copies of them from my family! Mahalo!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks wonderful! I am glad the flight went well- that makes SUCH a huge difference!!

Debbie Brown said...

Awe-some.

So glad you had such a good time relaxing. Thank you God for creating Hawaii. And giving someone the genius to create a "puka-dog."