Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Beth Moore Hits Boise!

So, this weekend was our Living Proof Live Event with none other than Beth Moore, and Travis Cottrell (who looks like Travis Tindall!) and his praise team. WOW. That's pretty much all I can say! She is so anointed by the Lord that you just want some of her vapor to land on you so that you might feel a little of that freedom she has. It's so cool when the Lord puts events together in our lives that reflect our current situations, struggles, triumphs... And then winds it all together like an orchestra would with the slow beginning which is quiet and peaceful. Then moving into a crescendo of our daily lives, ebbing and flowing together in the craziness of it all. Then to take us down from the mountain top with Him leading us as we begin to take in our surroundings-realizing that this world is a beautiful place, and that even though we are a temporary part of this world, we help to make the beauty that encompasses Christ that which other people see everyday. I just feel like the Lord is beginning to take the blindfold of my past insecurities, doubts, and fears off of my eyes so that I can begin to see the woman that He has always seen in me. Believe me, though, it is a daily reminder to myself to become filled up with Him first, and then go about my day - because I'm beginning to realize that without Him first to fill me up, I am nothing but an empty vessel waiting to be filled by the craziness of this world and all it has to offer. The other cool thing about the Lord, is that when we begin to get glimpses of His sovereignty and power worked out in our everyday lives, we begin to care differently for people who have not yet discovered the power of His grace. And compassion begins to fill our hearts, and also an urgency to reach out to those people in seeing that they are right where you were just a moment ago. The main message of Beth Moore this weekend to me was discovering God's gift for me and beginning to use it-instead of wasting this life, waiting for my A-HA moments to come on wings of flying pigs.... Why not just go, every new morning and take each day with the power that rose God's son from the dead? That same power that made the lame to walk, the blind to see, and the ugly to feel beautiful again? We can have access to that same power everyday if only we ask, seek, and find it through Him. I challenge you to seek all that He has for you today. And because I just think this is so cool, here is a link to Beth Moore's blog with a video clip of our weekend. Just copy and past it into your browser and away you go! Enjoy...

http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/05/lpl-boise-recap.html

0 comments: