Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just another manic Thursday...

Have you ever had one of those days, if not weeks where you feel like you're laughing one minute only to be close to tears the next? (just go with me on this!) Well, that is me in a nutshell this week. I am on week 3 now of not having my usual 4 hours on Tues morning where I drop the boys off with "grandma Sharon" from church. She decided she needed the summer off (I really can't blame her!) and so here I am-adjusting to non-stop mommy and 2 little boys all the time. So here are a few "highlights" of my week for you to laugh and cry at with me...

Tues-Have husband come home early so that I can go and get my hair cut and colored (happens every 5 months-so I was pretty excited). So I'm driving to the hair salon, and what do ya know, I'm early! I rare occurrence indeed, so I stop and get a peach ice tea for some added pampering. I get to the hair salon, sit down and start reading one of the new magazines next to me. I see Judy-my hair dresser, and say hi-she says she'll be right with me. Ok....I start to unwind, let the stress ooze out of my pores...Then I hear, "um, Kelli - I have you down for NEXT tues at 4?" Talk about all of that stress jumping back into my pores, with a little added humiliation, confusion, sadness, ect. I'm thinking "I have to wait one more week! I need a hair cut now!! Not to mention, I now have to tell Josh that he came home early for nothing, ect, ect, ect..." I was literally in tears when I got to my car like, "Is it friday yet?"

So that was just the beginning of what is ending up to be a chart-topper of crazy weeks at best.

Tues, Wed, and Fri I am helping out with the VBS at church, and that has actually been a great highlight for me, even though the boys are too little to be apart of it yet. You can just see the seeds being planted in these young precious hearts!

And last but not least, there is the new level of tantrums being thrown by my precious 3 yr old. Because of VBS this week, there was no regular Wed night activities, which are indeed a highlight of big boy's week. He loves to go to church, isn't that so cool? So when we had to stop by last night, to grab something, Big boy couldn't figure out why no one was there? So we got what we came for, and it was time to leave. Let's just say, I all but had to drag that little guy out the doors and into the car, while he screamed and suddenly became mr. stiff-leggs and arms!

I guess I should look on the bright side: at least he was wanting to stay at church, and not vice-versus! Praise God for capturing his young heart!

That's all from this frizzy-haired momma!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hang in there Kelli. Your boys are so sweet and have an amazing Mom and Dad loving them to the Lord! He will greatly bless you for all you are investing in these precious lives.
And know that you aren't crazy. We women need our hair pampering days to stay sane!
Love ya!

Unknown said...

Oh man, just hearing about the hair appointment made me want to cry with you!! I look forward to those appointments like Jesus himself is coming back so I feel your pain, hon!! And then to hear about Bryce, that made me smile and cringe for you all at the same time. How wonderful that he wants to be at church...but the tantrums kids can through...ARGH! They make you want to retire from motherhood don't they?!? Well, lady you are truly my hero so hang in there!! You are an amazing chic...and just think...next week you are going to be one styling chic with a new do:) Oh...I'm jealous:)