Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fruit Basket Upset

Ok people, I totally hated that game in my earlier days of being a teen and attending youth group festivities. So today, as I'm trying to unwind my thoughts from the tightly wound ball that they are, I suddenly put it all together; fruit basket upset. Think about it... Most people like fruit, and then most people like looking at fruit if it's displayed nicely in a cute little basket. Wait for it. Keep waiting for it...... Ok, now, someone who obviously doesn't like fruit at all just decided to take that cute little basket and throw it all over the place - making homemade strawberry jam on the kitchen floor. So, you may be seriously scratching your head on this one, and I totally understand! My point, (yes, I have a point) is that my life this week is totally upside down, and I'm realizing that more than my kids, I can really use some routine! Isn't that funny? Because mom is the maker of the routine, so if she's off of it, everyone's off of it. Things are getting better even as I type - Husband has made a HUGE pot of coffee, boys are in bed, we have yet another Redbox movie to watch, and I'm working up the endurance to try to get some wedding favors finished just in time for our friend's wedding this weekend. Oh, and we have been working on another Extreme Nazarene project this week (which is one of the upsets in my schedule) so more to come on the progress and what it is that we are working on exactly. So - if you're reading this, and you're feeling a little sympathy pain for me I have just one note of advice to give... Stay away from the fruit basket, because you might get hit by a flying banana :)

I do on the other hand LOVE coffee, so - just in case you ever wanted to know how I like my cup o' joe - white baby! Oh yeah, heavy on the cream and the sweet stuff :)

0 comments: