Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Well, the weekend is over and I'm ready to RELAX!! Do you ever feel like family festivities just leave you feeling worn out after words? I love it, don't get me wrong, but I am one to stress at every little detail - making sure everything is as I would want it. This only happens when I am hosting such an event at our house. So, this last weekend was chock full of celebration over our youngest little guy and his 2nd birthday! And, if you know the Kinney-way of celebrating a birthday, you would know that we spent the majority of his actual birth-day eating good food :)

So we left the house to go to the family favorite breakfast spot "The Original Pancake House" and on our way out of the subdivision we spotted a hot air balloon. This is the lowest I've ever seen one, and it cruised right over our subdivision! We knew it was surely a Happy Birthday Balloon for our little Peanut! After our marvelous breakfast, we decided we should venture over to the fair grounds for the annual summer fair that was taking place. The boys had never been, so we thought "why not?" The boys (all 3 of them) loved seeing the animals, both small and large. It has been a few years since I have been back to the fair, so I had forgotten all of the sights, sounds, and smells that come with it. Back in the day, when the fair was my very own stomping grounds, I was more interested in getting tickets and standing in line sweating out the heat for my favorite ride. But you never forget the only street running down the middle of the grounds, designated just for "fair food". I think it has quadrupled since I've been back, because we literally walked up and down that long street 5 times trying to decide on something to eat, and ended up with the good old stand-by of a Pronto-Pup and Strawberry Lemonade.....mmmmm!

The next day was the family Birthday Party for our little guy-and we had a blast! I love having everyone together in one giant chaotic gathering, full of good conversation and food. My birthday caked attempt this year was a "Cookie Monster" cake, because our little peanut is just that - and because I saw one at Albertson's that looked really cute and seemed semi-easy to do. Well, 50 lbs of frosting later, I was wondering "what was I thinking?" as I ended up with a more Bob Marley looking Cookie Monster cake....Oh well! Anyways, all in all it was a fun weekend, and hope you enjoy all the pics!
Our little Peanut
The Happy Birthday balloon over one of the houses in our subdivision
Over one of our ponds
Eating cake, mmmmmm.
Stuffing cake in his little mouth, atta' boy!
My lovely photo-op with the "Cookie Monster/Bob Marley" cake....
The boys on the big tractors at the fair
Having fun playin!
Big Boy's first car
Just like the pig on Charlotte's web!
Goats!
Horses!
Crazy Horns!

0 comments: