Monday, July 7, 2008

The weekend of the 4th

Well, after a weekend full of lots of excitement, adventure, and of course fireworks, I have finally started to sort out some pictures to share! Our normal tradition for the 4th is to go up to McCall with my folks, but this year we decided to stay home. We were invited to our very cool friends "the Chans" house for the 4th-which was a great time of good food, fellowship and fireworks! And we had the safety of knowing if any of the boys decided to try to blow anything up, we had "fireman Chan" right there at our aid! Earlier in the day we decided to take the boys to their very first big screen movie! It was so much fun :) They both looked so little in their seats, and peanut's seat actually kept folding up on him because it was twice the size of the little guy! I just can't get over how quick they are growing up! Anyways, sob, sob....Ok, I'm back. I also had the chance to hang out with two of my favorite people, Heidi, and Candice. These two ladies have been there for me so many times-and it is rare that we are all in the same town at the same time, because Heidi and her family now live and work in South Korea at a private school. It is so neat to see how God's hand works in each of our lives! Ok, that's it for now, but stay tuned for more fun with the Kinneys!
one of our lovely firework displays at the Chans
Heidi, Candice (and Nolan), and I at our get-together
The boys at their first big-screen venture! Wall-e was a definite hit :)

1 comments:

Sonya Kemp said...

Hey Kel,

I thought of seeing Wall-e with Emerson as his first movie theatre experience too. Your boys liked it? Nice to see you, Candice and Heidi all together. So cool the work they are doing in Korea. I'm doing my second half marathon too. My friend and I just decided to do it today. It's only 5 weeks away, last time I did one I trained for 6 weeks--I think October would probably be a smarter goal--we'll see how it goes! Love to see and hear about your fam!