Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Most embarrassing moment of my life, take 2



Ok - so I had a good chuckle at my own expense today, with my 2nd most embarrassing moment. Who knew these two moments would be so close together? They are, though, linked in a very strange way. Here it goes........

I am headed to the Boise court house, to take care of a very important document "aka ticket for excessive speeding" (says the policeman...). I have never been to this court house, because we've recently moved - and I am a rather good girl when it comes to breaking the law-n-such.

I have Peanut with me, so in order to remain somewhat composed through the whole going in and paying and trying not to sound off any alarms or break any more laws, I decide to strap Peanut into our rather large "cadillac stroller". It's pretty obvious WHY it's called the "cadillac" but for those of you not used to strollers, I will fill you in on the fact that we have moved small households with all this puppy can carry.

Ok - back on track, sorry!

So, I'm headed up the ramp to the HUGE, SCARY, courthouse front doors only to find that they are not the usual automatic opening doors like at the mall.... They are the fancy revolving doors that you would find downtown NYC at Bloomingdales.

No sweat - I can fit the cadillac and me in one of those slots no prob.

My eyes glance quickly at the handicap button that allows you to SLOW the revolvingness of the doors - but my attention is quickly diverted as I gear up to just go for it.

Big mistake.

I make it into the "stall" alright, no problem actually. It's when the doors try to continue revolving that we run into a slight issue. Me and the cadillac are not allowing ANY motion, so the doors start hurking and jerking until finally I am flung into the foyer of the courthouse.

There were definitely AT LEAST 15 security guards smirking at me as I try to pull some composure out and look like a not-so-crazy-person.

The poor guy who happened to be in the stall behind me offered the only help, by asking if I was alright........

"Ya" I say "that was pretty awesome" as I try to catch my breath because I am laughing so hard - trying not to cry.

All of this because of a stupid speeding ticket!

Just for fun, I looked up the definition of a "revolving door" and here is what wikipedia says:

"A revolving door typically consists of three or four doors that hang on a center shaft and rotate around a vertical axis within a round enclosure. Revolving doors are energy efficient by eliminating drafts, thus reducing the heating or cooling required for the building.[1] At the same time, revolving doors allow large numbers of people to pass in and out."

Let's just say the last little bit about "allowing large numbers of people to pass in and out" could be a bit of a crock.

Be advised: Large strollers DO NOT mix with revolving doors!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. Last summer we went to the Cheesecake Factory in Downtown Seattle and we had just finished doing some shopping. I had a couple of bags hanging from my shoulder as I was going through the revolving door. I got through o.k. but my bags were left behind causing me to jerk back into the door. I think dan was more embarrassed then I was.