Thursday, September 27, 2007

Take a moment...

Yesturday was one of those days when you get reminded of what is truly important in life. A kind of soul-searching type of moment. Husband and I were fortunate enough to attend the funeral of a lady in our church-whom neither of us knew real well, but we know her son and daughter quite well. It was one of those things where you're there for moral support-figuring that you'll be in and out and all happy inside for being a good friend. Well, God had other plans for us in showing up to the service. It was such an amazing time of celebration over a mother's life that was well lived and loved. I found myself taking mental notes at some of the stories her son told about her-in how she made a difference in his life. So, I challenge you to take some time today to tell someone close to you that you love them-and why they mean so much to you. I can't imagine my life without my husband or 2 boys-or for how long I will have the chance to tell them and show them my love. So, here is my tribute to Nancy Graham, who lived a life modeled of Christ and was an amazing mom to her kids that I hope to do half as well as she did.

0 comments: