Sunday, September 30, 2007

One week and counting...


Okay, so for those of you out of the loop-I've gone and done one of those crazy-spur-of-the-moment things, that hits us once in a while (or for those "sane" people probably never at all). I took it upon myself to go and sign up for a 1/2 marathon that in one week's time will take place here in Boise. I've been training for this for the last 12 weeks-and unfortunately I really feel like I could be WAY more prepared-but, can you ever really be prepared to go and run 13.1 miles? So, those of you reading this that may have some spare prayer time in your day-I could definately use a little! My biggest hurdle will be whether or not my knee will be up for the run-but I've determined it will be fun whether I'm running or limping along! Oh, and I also talked my older brother Scott into running this with me, and he graciously is doing it-probably to repay me for all of the grief, and early childhood jokes played at my expense.....Stay tuned for Race Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I'll be praying for you.

Debbie Brown said...

Woo-hoo! Way to stick to it! You may have noticed my running tapered off on "logyourrun" after too many injuries, but I'm easing back into it. And nice graphic, by the way! Did you use the fun auto-trace in illustrator?