Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bears, oh my!






Well, a few weeks ago, Jerry set off on his Centennial Trail Expedition. Husband and I were his drop off ride as he headed off into the wilderness with little possessions on him. I am amazed at Jerry's speed-walking capabilities, as you will tell from one of the pictures, I lagged behind quite a few times! But it was amazing being in God's beautiful creation and seeing all of the wildlife that we (Husband and I...) did. I hesitate to say (sorry Jerry!) that Husband and I in the 2 hours we spent hiking saw more wildlife than Jerry did in his week-long venture! Jerry only saw a few deer, as Husband and I saw one mamma bear (see pic) and 3 cubs-along with a HUGE deer as well. I hate to rub it in, but it does make me chuckle a bit at knowing how into hunting and the outdoors that my awesome father-in-law is, and how NOT that I am :) Love ya Jerry!

0 comments: