Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chicago!


Hubs and I just returned a few days ago from Chicago - and I must say
it was a pretty cool town! I had NO IDEA how HUGE the great lakes
were...

They were big.

I thought they were the ocean for a split second - ok I actually said
out loud "is that the ocean?" And had the Chicagoan next to us smiled
real big and gave me a look like "wow - there's your typical blonde!
She must not have gotten an A in geography...."

I kept my thoughts to myself from then on, to appear much smarter :)

Anyways, it was hubs, I and our baby girl while the boys stayed with
Grandma & Grandpa Haverfield, which was SUCH a blessing!

No one told me how HOT and HUMID Chicago is! Sheesh - I walked
off the plane and into a wall of sweat. Instant armpit and boob sweat
equals one miserable momma... :)

Just in case you're wondering WHY hubs and I would want to go into
the "windy city" we were there for the CHA show showcasing our new
business products - trying to get into the big time stores.

We had a fabulous time - and both really feel like the show was a success!
We took orders from all over the place, and talked with some really big
stores! Fun, fun.

You wouldn't believe how much money some of the larger companies spend
on their booths - and just to be there in general... Thousands of dollars for
sure! We just had a 10x10 booth, and some of the bigger companies had
20x60 booths no problem. Crazy I tel ya! But so cool to walk around and
see all of the artsy-craftsy stuff! Very inspiring.

So now we get to see the fallout from the show - and how it all pencils out
financially. It's kind of like a mountain top experience - followed by the
lows that come after months of preparation. But both Hubs and I feel so
very blessed to have had the opportunity to get to go! What a great
experience for sure.

We were also fortunate to get to spend a day site seeing the big city of
Chicago - and so I've posted a few pics below of some of the fun places we
visited! We even stumbled upon a scene being filmed for Transformers 3!

Chow for now!

The "Bean." It was HUGE!
Scene being filmed for "Transformers 3"
Me and our baby girl!
Hubs in front of one of the many "Great Lakes"
Takin' a breather at the Navy Pier

------------------------------

Pics from the show!
This is a gal from the company "graphics 45"
which is primarily a paper goods company -
anyways, they were all dressed up funky like
this adorned with "steam punk" jewelry
(aka old watch parts, and funky jewelry) So cool!
Our lovely model, and friend Missy! All of our
wonderful photography was done by our other
good friend Debbie with Brown Studios - check
her out, she's fabulous!
Baby girl waiting patiently while we wrap it up
Using my new camera phone, so sorry the pics are kinda blurry...
Hubs working hard!

1 comments:

Debbie Brown said...

But what about the BOOTH??? :)