Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cardboard Testimonies

I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to give a form of my testimony for our church's current sermon series. The series is called "transformed lives" - and I can honestly say, it is one of the best series I've ever been able to be a part of. The series started Easter Sunday, and let's just say - the bar was raised pretty high - I don't think there was a dry eye in the place.

So the Sunday service had a portion of it called "cardboard testimonies." Basically a group of very brave individuals walked across the main stage holding a piece of cardboard - with one side having a few words describing their past sin. One individual's read "alcoholic." He flipped his cardboard to read what he had been redeemed of - the flipped cardboard read "sober 6 years."

There were about 20 different testimonies like this. Everyone having a different story - and yet, you connected with each of them.

Testimony is one of our most powerful weapons in this life against the enemy. Once you experience someone's vulnerability, like the sharing of a testimony, you find that maybe you might be a little bit more willing to be open yourself.

Having been moved by the openness of the people who shared on Easter Sunday, I feel God prepared my heart to say "yes" when I was asked to give my testimony in the form of an interview of sorts that was video recorded.

Those of you that know me well, you would know that I am usually not that bold.

Ok - I don't really have a bold bone, muscle, fiber in my body - at least not yet. Maybe that is what God is working on in me right now.

Anyways, the original interview was 16 minutes - but they cut and pasted it together to be only about 2 minutes. So no worries, if you choose to watch it, it won't take all night!

I don't know where you are at right now in life. Maybe times are great, and you are feeling His abundant blessings, and life seems to be more full than ever. Or maybe you have never felt so stretched in your life, and you feel like you're holding on by a thread.

Or maybe you're somewhere in between.

No matter where you find yourself, I hope that you know you have a loving Father in heaven walking through each step of life with you.

He knows your name.

He knows your every thought.

He sees each tear that falls.

And He hears you when you call.

Click HERE to go to our church webpage that has all of the testimonies listed. Mine is the 3rd one.

Or you can watch it here, but it's a little slow...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Kelli, you are so brave. So Brave! Love you!

Lindsy said...

You sound so grown up! :) Thanks for posting that. I needed to hear some of the things you said.