Thursday, February 12, 2009

Teddy Bear Tea Party

Big Boy's preschool rocks! I just LOVE his teacher, Mrs. Blair, she does a fantastic job of teaching our little guy his letters, and stories about Jesus. It is such a precious time in his life right now, I feel like I am trying to squeeze every ounce of pleasure from each moment. Today was his last day before Valentine's Day, so it was obviously a great time for a party; hence the title of this post! That's right, it was a teddy bear tea-party, AND pajama day all in one! They got to wear pajamas today because the letter of the week was "P"- I love it!! So cute.

About every month the little kiddos get to go on a field trip to meet different "people of our town" and today they got to meet Grandma Gee (Mrs. Blair's mom) who's an excellent baker. So, she came to school and helped them all make the most adorable heart shaped cakes! They even got little chef hats and homemade aprons and baking goodies like cookie cutters and spatulas.

Is it weird that I get excited on field trip days because of all the cool stuff Big Boy gets to bring home? I think I look forward to these special days more than him because of all the fun little surprises! (can we say easy to please?)

So, we also got to make out little Valentine's Day goodies for the other little boys in his class - and that always brings back fond memories of getting to make Valentine's Day boxes at school to hold all of our little treasures in...

I love that I get to share this time of year with such wonderful men in my life! I'm such a lucky girl indeed. Especially when my little guy brings home a chocolate cake... Ok, so I may have some serious chocolate issues, but it's ok to splurge on V-Day, right?

Happy Love Day! Go make yourself some heart shaped cookies with lots of frosting and sprinkles! Oh, and don't forget the chocolate kisses :D

Big Boy modeling his new apron, baker's hat, V-Day cake, and teddy bear (from his little "tea party") I love this kid!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love this picture. He is so cute!

Sarah said...

I love this picture! Big Boy is adorable and looks so proud. Good job B! Kelly I am so happy for you that you get to share this time with him. It will make for the most wonderful of memories. Keep having fun!