Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hair Train

Ok, so growing up, you would quite often find me, my cousins Mandy and Carrie, my mom and aunt Linda in what we liked to call a "hair train". Any girl who's been to a sleepover when they were young knows what I'm talking about! But for those of you unassuming readers, I will indulge you by explaining the "hair train" concept.

It's really very simple, and VERY GIRLY!

You sit with one person in front of the other, kind of like a train would look. Then comes the brushes, and most important the accessories! The more accessories the better! The most coveted spot in the "hair train" would be the very front, because you get to totally relax and let the person behind you play with your hair and just pamper you. I don't know about you, but I LOVE it when I get my hair done! There's something about letting someone else do the work that makes it so relaxing!

Ok, so here's my little secret that I'm going to share with you, but don't tell my husband (or our boys for that matter-until they're about 18, then you can tell them!). I witnessed my very first GUY "hair train" the other day in our bathroom. I walked in unexpectedly to the three adorable guys in my life combing away! At first I was a little jealous that I wasn't asked to join, since I would be offering SO MUCH expertise in this area, but my job was obviously to capture the event so that all would be able to witness its first time EVER being caught on camera! I'm surprised the picture even turned out, to be honest, because I was laughing so hard it was shaking the camera! I think what got me was how serious Big Boy was about stylin' daddy's hair :D

On another monumentous note: Our little Peanut went potty in the toilet TWICE tonight!! This is our first attempt at potty-training him, and we're still in the middle of potty-training Big Boy, but how nice would that be? Two at once? I can't tell you what a relief that would be to not have to buy diapers anymore!

That's all for now! Chow!

Apparently when guys do the "hair train" they feel the need to do so with their shirts off...We were much more modest!

0 comments: