Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I survived 13.1 miles!

The race begins...
One of many pit stops
My faithful fans!
My faithful friends Missy and Lisa
My Bro and I at the finish
News from "Race Day"...
It couldn't have been a more picture perfect day-weather was great, and over 200 volunteers manned the streets so that we could run right down the middle of the road-downtown Boise! There were probably 400+ people running the 1/2 marathon, so it was definately fun to "people watch" as we ran. I had unfortunately gotten sick the week before, so I was battling my breathing-but my knee (which was my worst fear) stayed in great condition throughout the whole race! Praise the Lord!! But, I can honestly say, that it was one of the hardest things that I have ever accomplished. Ask me in a few months if I'll run in next year's race...My race time was 2hrs and 29min, and my brother ran it in 2hrs 13min. I am definately happy with that! Thank you all for your prayers, they were definately felt and greatly appreciated!

1 comments:

Debbie Brown said...

Yahoo! Way to go! My sister may have convinced me to run Robie Creek with her... and I haven't ever run more than 5 miles, let alone uphill. We'll see... (we should be back in Idaho by race time!)